White Rock Lake Shoreline Cleanup
What you need to know:
- Saturday, June 16th, 2018, from 9 to no later than 11 am, Winfrey Point at White Rock Lake - 950 E Lawther Dr, Dallas, TX 75218
- Please RSVP via SignUp Genius by 9 pm, Thursday, June 14th.
- SignUp Genius: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0944aeac238-circle1/249238
- The RSVP is simply to help me better prepare. If you miss the deadline, but ultimately can attend, please do so.
- For Packs, this event may qualify as 1 of 3 events required for your scouts and pack to earn the National Summertime Pack Award.
- Please check with your leaders for more details.
- Arrive at Winfrey Point no later than 9 am, gather near the circular drive by the building (directions below)
- I'll be there with trash/recycle bags, gloves and hand sanitizer.
- NOTE: The discussion and cleanup may help your scouts with advancement requirements.
- We'll spend a few minutes discussing Good Turns, Citizenship, and what it means to be Good Stewards of our Community. Then we'll pick up the area around Winfrey Point for an hour or so.
- Scouts are encouraged to wear their Field Uniform, though they may wear their Activity Uniform. Please also consider a hat, sunscreen, bug repellent, etc.
- Bring your own water bottle (required - it'll be hot)
- This is not a Drop Off Party! Parental/Guardian supervision is required! Boy Scouts of America is a family organization, so bring the whole family for fun and community service.
- If you consider yourself quite the photog, please bring your camera, and get your photos to me. Local publications often do a write-up about this event. It’s a feel-good story, and great press for Boys Scouts of America!
- In the event of inclement weather, please check SignUp Genius for any cancelation notice. Any change or cancelation will be determined no later than 7 am the morning of the event.
Winfrey Point is located on the East side of WRL, near the baseball fields. While you can take East Lawther north from Garland Rd, I would suggest taking Emerald Isle Dr. off Garland Rd. There is no light at Emerald Isle, but it is across the street from Dickey's BBQ, between Barbec's and Hypnotic Donuts, which many of you may know of all too well.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with questions or concerns.
Chuck Kobdish, 469-232-6363, email@example.com