Sign-Up | Calendar | Michael Beck Training | Unit Kernel Training | Kick-off | Products | Commission | Youth Prizes | Show & Sell | Online Sales | Forms | Fund Your Adventure | Best Methods | Scholarship
Get Hooked! Signing up to participate as a unit in the 2017 Hooked on Popcorn Sale will be done through our online reservation system, CampMaster, by going here. Only those designated in CampMaster as a unit leader will be able to sign up the unit. If you are not designated as a leader IN CampMaster, let us know.Be sure to sign up early in order to stay informed!
- April 6 Sign-ups begin
- June 10 Michael Beck Sales Training (first offering of 4)
- July 27 Michael Beck Sales Training (second offering of 4)
- August 1 - 15 Unit Kernel Trainings (locations)
- August 9 - Michael Beck Sales Training (newly added third offering of 4)
- August 19 Michael Beck Sales Training (final offering of 4)
- August 26 Council-wide kickoff, Show & Sell orders due online
- September 16 Show & Sell pickup
- October 27 Show & Sell payments due
- November 10 Sales ends, orders due online, Prize orders due, Top Seller Submissions due
- December 2 Popcorn pickup
- December 8 Final popcorn payments due
PDF version of calendar
Want to increase your fundraising by 14%? Want to earn an extra 1% in commission? Make sure that your unit is in attendance! Bring your volunteers, parents, top sellers, senior patrol leaders - they will learn valuable tools to increase sales.
- Michael Beck Sales Training will help you earn more to Fund Your Adventure
- June 10, John D. Murchison Scouting Center, Dallas
- July 27, Calvary United Methodist Church, 3105 Lamar Avenue, Paris, TX 75460
- August 9, Bobby Lyle ♦ Billy Gamble Scouting Center, 5600 US Highway 75 South, Fairview, TX 75069
- August 19, Eastridge Church of Christ, 670 N. Stodghill Road, Rockwall, TX 75087
- Written testimonials
- Video testimonials
- Sign up here
All units should send their unit kernel to a training, in preparation for the Kickoff. More details will be provided as we move closer to the dates. Pre-registration will be necessary to help us plan for food. Please register here. Earn an extra 1% in commission for attending a training.
- Unit Popcorn Kernel Training (PDF with addresses)
- August 1 - Camp Wisdom
- August 3 - Athens First United Methodist Church
- August 5 - Waples Memorial UMC, Denison
- August 8 - John D. Murchison Scouting Center
- August 10 - Bobby Lyle ♦ Billy Gamble Scouting Center
- August 10 - First Rowlett United Methodist Church
- August 12 - LDS Church, Greenville
- August 14 - Bobby Lyle ♦ Billy Gamble Scouting Center
- August 15 - First United Methodist Church, Paris
- August 15 - Lake Highlands Presbyterian Church, Dallas
The council-wide kick-off will be held on August 26th at 9:00 a.m. at different locations around the council.
Be sure to check out our new line of products from CAMP MASTERS Popcorn. With 14 different products to choose from, we are sure there will be something for you! To view the products for Take Order, click here.
- Units' base commission is 26% of total sales
- Earn an additional 1% commission by attending 1 of 4 Michael Beck Sales Trainings
- Earn an additional 1% commission by attending 1 of 7 Unit Kernel Trainings
- Earn an additional 1% of commission by have account 100% settled by December 8
- Bonus 2% commission available
- For any unit selling that did not sell in 2016, or
- For any unit with a 15% increase in total sales over their 2016 total sales
- Bonus 2% commission available
- 4% in prizes earned in the Scout Prize Program paid for by Circle Ten Council
Settling your account after December 8th will result in a loss of commission:
- December 9 - commission reduced by 1%
- December 16 - commission reduced by 1%
- December 23 - commission reduced by 1%
You do not have to wait for the deadlines to make payments. You may make payments throughout the sale and we encourage you to do so.
Scouts who participate in the sale have many opportunities to earn prizes! Looking for a way to track a Scout's sales and prize choices; a "check list" of items to complete for each Scout? Try this.
Visit our PRIZE PAGE! (coming soon)
Your unit will work as a team at a location to show your product and to make immediate sales. Units are responsible for getting permission from the business, store front, or other location prior to setting up to sell. Please remember that Tom Thumb, Albertson's, Bass Pro Shops, and Dick's Sporting Goods are not available for popcorn sales, as they partner with us for the Camp Card sale or Scouting for Food. Show & Sell orders are due online by August 26 at 12:00 p.m. Attend a Michael Beck sales training to increase your sales by 14%! The payment for your Show & Sell will be due to the council by October 27th. Any product you may have left from your Show & Sell can be used to help fill your take orders. You can find a Show & Sell Order Projection worksheet here that can assist you with a recommended order based on the amount of Show & Sell product you want to order. Need a way to keep track of product assigned to a particular Show & Sell location? See a sample here. Need to keep track of what was sold and who was selling? See a sample here.
Selling online is a perfect way to reach family and friends who live out of town or out of the country. Unit kernels will be responsible for setting up their Scouts in the online system. Written nstructions for entering the Scouts can be found here and you can view a video here. Scouts will then be able to send an email with a link and a code so that sales get credited to them.
Important documents will be available here soon. Order forms will be posted after the kick-off.
- Fillable PDF sign-up form
- Unit kernel training locations
- Unit Kernel Job Description
- Take Order Form (English or Spanish descriptions)
- Circle Ten Council Prize Flier
- CAMP MASTERS Prize Flier
- Prize Compilation Form (to assist with prize ordering)
- Sample Script
- Written Online Sales Instructions and video instructions - for unit leader
- Military Receipts
- Unit Sales Receipts
- Social Media Contests (through CAMP MASTERS)
- CAMP MASTERS Unit Kickoff Contest - potential to win extra commission directly from CAMP MASTERS!
- Kick-off Presentation
- Popcorn Sales Field Book
- Unit Kernel Training Presentation
- Fund Your Adventure
- Show & Sell Order Projection Sheet
- Show & Sell Accounting form - for use in keeping track of product issued to a location
- Show & Sell Documentation - for use in tracking what was sold and who was working at a location
- Vehicle size needed for pick-ups
- How to Place Unit Orders
- Scout Take Order Form to Unit Conversion worksheet
- Indivdual Scout Tracking Sheet - to track total sales and prizes, by Scout
- CAMP MASTERS Login Instructions video
- Kickoff locations
- Warehouse locations for December 2nd
- High Achiever Forms or for more information on High Achiever Prizes
- Top Sellers Submissions
- Pay Anywhere
- Customizable and printable fishing license
- City of Carrollton permit application and check request
- Town of Prosper permit
Setting goals for your fundraising is an important tool to make the most out of your sale. CAMP MASTERS has created an easy-to-use budgeting tool to help you plan your year and set your popcorn sales goal. Download their budgeting spreadsheet here.
The Trail's End Scholarship program is funded by Trail's End for Trail's End popcorn sales only. Your Scouts WILL STILL MAINTAIN their scholarship account but we cannot add sales from the CAMP MASTERS popcorn sale to that scholarship fund. If your Scout has any online sales through his Trail's End online account throughout the sale, you can submit those totals to increase his scholarship fund. You can find out current information about your Scout's scholarship fund, including forms for submission and payouts, by going here.
Scholarship Mitigation through CAMP MASTERS:
A list of all Circle Ten Council Scouts, who are currently enrolled in the Trail's End Scholarship program, has been provided to CAMP MASTERS. For these Scholarship Scouts, they will automatically qualify for the CAMP MASTERS High Achiever program, regardless of the amount of their sales. These Scouts can choose to receive American Express Gift Cheques in the amount of 6% of total CAMP MASTERS sales. There is NO MINIMUM amount of sales required for the current Scholarship Scouts. These Scouts can continue every year to choose the gift cheques.
If a Scholarship Scout's sales qualify for a High Achiever level, AND the Scout chooses a prize instead of the gift cheques, then he will forfeit the ability to choose the gift cheques for 6% of his sales in future years. He would then participate as part of the regular program. He would have to meet the minimum sales level for High Achiever and if he chose gift cheques, he would only receive 5%.
Your popcorn team will work very closely with those Scouts and their families to submit the proper paperwork based on their decisions.