Oak Leaf: May 12, 2018
Oak Leaf is a one-day leadership skills course intended to supplement ILST at the Troop level. Oak Leaf is practical and hands-on training. Oak Leaf is fun!
Oak Leaf training is for Boys Scout youth who are serving or will serve in a leadership role in their Troop and who meet the following requirements:
- First Class rank and above,
- 12 years or older
- Recommendation of Scoutmaster
When: Saturday, May 12, 2018
Where: Stryker Pavilion at Suncreek United Methodist Church, 1517 W. McDermott, Allen TX
Cost: $25 (includes completion certificate, Oak Leaf patch and BBQ lunch)
Sign up: Oak Leaf Registration
- Arrive for check in at 7:30 a.m.
- Course begins at 8:00 a.m.
- Lunch provided (BBQ!)
- Graduation at 4:00 (parents invited)
- Finished by 5:00
- Wear BSA Field Uniform (aka class A)
- $25 fee (cash or check to Circle Ten Council)
- BSA Health form parts A & B (will be returned at end of course)
- Recommendation letter from Scoutmaster
- Water bottle
- Rain gear and extra clothing appropriate for the weather of the day
- Skit ideas for graduation